When it comes to a city carrier, we usually think about the way the driver and the customer interact, the full cycle of tracking the movement of vehicles, laying the route, monitoring the behavior of drivers, the safety of the cargo and its timely delivery, and all this is uninterrupted regime and in real-time. But if the number of transport units has exceeded 3000? Fortunately, there is no need to reinvent the wheel, as there is already a solution so you just need to adapt it according to the input data.
We needed to develop an ERP system to manage 3000 surface transport department vehicles in the country at any given point of time in real-time for one transport company in Western Europe. It was supposed to perform the full range of our customer’s operational needs from laying a route to saving resources and optimizing costs.
As the ERP needed to be flexible, we decided to develop a web version and an Android application. For web development, we used React, PHP, .Net, API-integrations, GPS features. And the application was built using Kotlin, Angular, etc. And here is what we have got when mixed technologies and deep experience in the logistics field.
Long story short, here is a complete list of functions that we successfully implemented in the ERP for our client:
- Route Management.
- Online Vehicle Tracking on Map.
- Estimated Time of Arrival Display.
- Censor Data Capture and Alerts.
- Assigning Vehicle to Routes.
- Trip Report |Missed Stops.
- Over speeding Report.
- Authorized Access only.
- Historic Data Analysis.
- Transport Entry and PDF reports.
- Location Collection from Vehicle.
- Configuring all the transporters.
- Configuring transport location which will be used in routes.
- Access to vehicle information of transporter as master data.
- Selection transporter on sales quote/order form which will be passed to delivery order.
- Selection vehicle, parcels, route, LR number, etc. on the delivery order form.
- Automatic Transport entry after delivery order validation.
- Odoo delivery order/picking PDF report show transport details.
- Rescheduling on your transport entry anytime.
- Halting on your transport entry anytime.
- Reschedule creates new transport entry for related picking/delivery orders.
As you can see, all the necessary options are collected inside one system. This means that the months spent on developing a single tool will more than pay off by saving time, money, fuel, human resources and help to avoid mistakes in business maintaining. But even more importantly, an ERP developed to require the specific needs of a particular business will not allow a situation when a company loses money, time, and reputation.